FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is so good about Australian education and training compared to other countries?
- Internationally recognised, high quality education as well as research excellence.
- World-class universities (both vocational and technical education).
- World leader in English language courses.
- Excellent value for money and a high standard of living.
2. What is the weather like in Australia?
Being in the southern hemisphere Australia’s summer starts in December and winter in June.
3. Is there a ranking system for Australian universities?
The Australian government does not rank its universities. However, a number of commercial publications do rate universities and courses on a range of criteria such as use of technology or student support services.
4. Are Australian qualifications recognised in my home country?
Australian qualifications are respected internationally when seeking employment or further study at leading international universities.
5. What is the living cost in Australia?
Approximately AUD 18, 000 per year for the main student .
6. Can I work in Australia while I study?
Yes. You can work up to 20 hours a week during course time and full-time during vacation periods.
7. How much do I earn while I do a part time job there?
Earning between A$6-15 an hour (depending on the kind of work you do and your age).You may be paid more for working on Sundays or public holidays.
8. How do I apply for studies in Australia?
You can process your application through Australian education representatives in India. Graduate Overseas is one of the representatives.
9. How do I find out which institution offers courses I am interested in?
Please contact Graduate Overseas. Our counselors are of par excellence and will assist you in every way possible in your application process.
10. What are the entry requirements to study at Australian institutions?
Students must meet minimum academic requirements and need a sufficient level of English language proficiency for entry to Australian education and training institutions.
13. Are scholarships available?
16. What are the documents required for an Australian Visa?
It is important to submit “Officially Certified Copies”. They may include:-
- Completed application form.
- Academic record(s)
- Award certificate for the last course completed
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency – IELTS / TOEFL.
- Work Experience – If applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A Bank Draft for the application fee, made out to the institution where you wish to study
- Any other documents which support you study application.
- Sufficient funds to support your studies and stay in Australia
18. Are there any special support services for international students?
Yes. Australia is an international leader in safeguards and support services for international students. This includes student services such as:
- Language tuition,
- Designated international student advisers,
- On-arrival reception and orientation programs, and
- Health, counseling, accommodation and employment services.